Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Kundalini Awakening

Kundalini has always been a book concept to me. My only understanding of it never transcended beyond the pages of words written by Yoga Gurus/Masters. In modern society, especially in our city of Singapore, Kundalini is definitely not a household term.

This all took a drastic change during my last day of training in India, where I was blessed with a totally unexpected awakening. During the initial stage, it was a situation far from easy to handle because I was due to return to Singapore the very next day! I remember I was bewildered, scared and confused while waiting in the airport for my flight home.

For those who have never heard of the term Kundalini before, this may actually sound mystical, spiritual or even religious. Actually, it is simply a term used to describe the basic energy lying dormant in everybody's spinal root. This energy moves upwards in a spiral manner, thus named after the ancient snake goddess Shakti Kundalini.

Every human has this energy force - in varying degrees. The varying amount of energy may often determine the person's intelligence, articulation, artistic talents etc. However, this energy although present, is usually sleeping and inactive.

When there is an awakening, it means this energy is liberated. Awakening can take place safely via practice of proper sequential Yoga, or it may even be involuntarily as in the case of NDE (near death experience), extreme trauma, tailbone injury, awakened by a great spiritual master, being constantly in the presence of a strong master, or even raw foods alone!

In involuntary cases, it may be dangerous because this energy is tremendous but unguided - blind energy can hurt the host or others.

Proper Yogic awakening involves intensive cleansing through Asanas, Kriyas, Mantras and Pranayams. This is the safest route because the energy liberated can then be directed in the correct action, with purposeful alignment - for the greater good of mankind.

The first time I felt the spiral energy shoot up the spine, was when the Kundalini Master had her hands on me. It was an intentional awakening, although I had absolutely no idea how it would feel like. In fact, the moment she came near me, I felt a swaying from deep within. When she was laying her hands on my spine, I felt the urge to rock like a top!

Initially, I thought she was deliberately swaying me with her hands. I resisted to urge to sway and stilled my body, but the suppressment felt uncomfortable. After she left me and moved on to the next person in the yantra, there was a tingling feeling of cool electricity flowing up my spine in a circular manner.

After that meditation session, life was never the same. Immediately after the class, I had terrible diarrhea non-stop! I thought it was the food, so I stopped eating certain suspicious foods, but it continued. It was so wierd that I had to go even when it was just water I consumed! And all the while there is this swirling feeling within the stomach, the intestines, stopping just short of the heart.

It was not over yet. The diarrhea continued for 2 weeks after I returned to Singapore the next day! I had to deliberately eat blanched/lightly steamed vegetables at times in order to bring the energy down, slow the cleansing so as to sleep! And not to mention, I was so dissatisfied with the taste of cooked foods compared to fresh living foods.

Slowly, I made notes about my behavior, moods, appetites, character and Yoga progress through observations. Some of the records I've made included the following:

1) There was a heightened, almost unbearable state of awareness. It is also the same dimension that we can realise true bliss and pure love exist. It hurts to see people suffering, unhappy and troubled. Everything became so crystal clear, that it was painful to just Be. Although Swami told me to limit meditation to no more than 5 min each day, I exceeded that by far. Because meditation was the only portal of solace for me at that time.

2) I had a ferocious appetite, and started craving foods which I've never eaten in years. But once I see it, I lose the desire to eat it! And every time I was hungry and put something in my mouth, there is a feeling of nausea as if a energy force is exploding out of me. Now mind you, I was far from feeling sick. This is not the normal kind of nausea you feel when you are sick or having too much alcohol. It is more like a feeling of exhilaration, something like the time when I got my exam results and discovered I scored better than expected. Something like pleasantly nervous...

3) I had ridiculous amounts of energy - going without sleep for days but looking and functioning fine.

4) I had to do my Yoga practice every single day. My body cries for it, and every practice led me to firmer grounds, firmer beliefs, and more light. And day after day I seemed younger in the mirror! People start commenting that I looked younger than before I went India.

5) My dreams started to get more and more conscious.


It took me some time to consolidate my kundalini experiences, make sense of them and put them into writing.

What was happening, was simply the latent energy being unleashed, and started healing me from within. Deep physical, mental and especially emotional junk were uprooted and discarded for good. The Kundalini energy is simply my body's inherent intelligence released, and the first thing it does is to start cleansing and healing within me.

It was said that a diet of Raw Foods alone, can sometimes bring about the Kundalini awakening, although the person may be unaware of it.

Since the awakening in India I kept on practicing every day without fail. And as each day passes by, I started to be able to "feel" the energy rising from the spine root, and even move the energy around the body.

In Science, this is simply explained as the power of mind focus. The vibration of thoughts can be indicated in hi-tech measuring equipment. This is in essence, energy - and it is the same as the spiraling energy rising from the spine. There is nothing mystical, mysterious, religious or superstitious about it, so there is no need to feel scared of the rocking.

And as my body healed intensely on physical, mental and emotional levels, the diarrhea and nausea lessened and eventually disappeared.

My present experiences are incredibly beautiful -

1) I have never been so clear headed before in my entire life. I am so sure of what I am here in this life to do, and it is simply unimaginable to be living any other way.

2) Increasingly, I can sense vibrational fields of different people and places. Some company make me happy, cheerful and energised; while others make me tired, sleepy and frustrated. And then I slide back a few steps from the last I progressed. I already knew that energy is contagious, it is now much more intense than before, but the good thing is that I could recognize it straight away, and I'm learning to deal with it with harmony. My mission is to teach and share; how can I possibly live it if I have to live like a hermit in a cave?!

3) I can take in energy from people with high spiritual energy - eg whenever I speak to Swamiji on the phone, I can literally breathe in his voice! And with each breath I take I feel stronger. The same goes with some other friends who are aligned with their truth. It is like charging my handphone battery!

4) The latest discovery which blew me away is that - I can feel energy from blooming flowers! I was walking down some shops one day last week, and a sudden urge made me turn my head. I saw a florist and I just simply HAVE to buy some flowers, I just didn't know why. When I carried the bunch of chrysanthemums and sunflowers in my arms, I felt soooo drawn to them! I could not wait to smother my face in the blooms, I thought I'd went mad, and called Swamiji right away :) He simply laughed and said that its no shock because Life, Divine, Love, Truth, Light is all present in trees and flowers.

5) Sleep has become almost an adventure! I know distinctively that there are some really happening events going on in the other side. Right now, I'm slowly recalling more and more of the dreams, backwards style, by pulling out slowly the "events" in a reverse order. Pretty challenging, but definitely fun! And I'm absolutely convinced that there are many dimensions of Existence happening simultaneously. Time is an illusion - it is only a limit in this dimension. There is no such thing as time, start/end. In the other dimensions, we are all inter-related too, sometimes different relations, sometimes same as this dimension, some is doing different activities at a earlier or later "time", and some operating on entirely different and incredible universes - which is my personal favorite! Yes there are amazing, exhilarating worlds beyond our physical dimension.


Increasingly, I started to notice more and more people waking up to a deeper sense of living. More people are also feeling the pressures and disturbances of the Aquarian Ages, and until they discover what's within them, continue to be stuck in frustration. At the same time, there are "spiritual warriors" all over the world who are sprung up to join this pro-awakening campaign. They can be operating from all walks of life - businesses which truly deliver value, education for empowerment, kids development, healing, lifestyle, global protection, organic farming etc! It is both encouraging and delightful to watch out for these everyday!

To write these experiences of mine, it takes courage, total relinquishment of how the conventional world is going to see me, and a desire. A desire to unite and connect to all the awakened newbies of our planet. We are like the transitional workers, to ease the transition of the current system into a New Consciousness. In the new world, things will be absolutely different from how it is right now. Every being will be an empowered, dynamic, aligned and awakened spirit. I don't know how incredible it is going to be, but 1 thing I know for sure is that everyone can look everyone in the eyes deeply and genuinely, everybody will be able to connect and share the truth and the love.


(C) Copyright 2010 Linda Loo
www.RawFoodLifestyles.com

2 comments: